Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Museum of Art / Fort Lauderdale


Feeling a bit homesick for New York, I visited Fort Lauderdale's Museum of Art and discovered a very unexpected surprise. The museum resides in a fabulous building boasting nearly 30,000 square feet of exhibition space, designed by the famous Edward Larrabee Barnes. (He designed the IBM building in Manhattan, and also happens to have taught at my alma mater, Pratt Institute.)

Proving that there is some fantastic art outside of NYC, the museum is bringing in incredible exhibits, has launched a fabulous studio program, and their permanent collection is really great. I have to admit, I felt some pride in my new home.

Enough gushing.

The point of me mentioning all of this, is that it came to my attention today that you can rent the museum out for WEDDINGS! The location is perfect. It's located along the beautiful Las Olas Boulevard, which has plenty of shops and great restaurants for your guests to visit, and the iconic Riverside Hotel is just a few blocks away.

I'm officially in love.

For more info you can check out the Museum's website: http://moaflnsu.org
or contact the museum's special events director at 954-262-0249